Queensland has the highest skin cancer rates. Do not forget your Skin Checks Clinic Service!
Queensland has one of the highest skin cancer rates in the world. If early detection is carried out, most dangerous moles and spots can be removed which significantly reduces your risk of developing skin cancer. If you’ve noticed a change in a mole or spot, don’t risk your health. Get your skin checked by one of our specially trained doctors for skin checks.
Introduction to Skin Checks Clinic
For a look or diagnosis of skin lesions, you have been referred to the Rapid Access Skin Assessment Clinic. A skin lesion is an irregular development or appearance of the skin surrounding it compared with it. We want the diagnosis of skin cancer to be confirmed or removed.
Ways to avoid skin cancer
- Examine your skin every month
- See your GP for a skin exam every year
- Avoid the sun between 10 am and 4 pm
- Cover up with clothing including a hat and UV-blocking sunglasses
- Never use tanning beds
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before sun exposure, and reapply every 2 hours
- Keep newborn babies out of the sun
- Do not use sunscreen on babies under 6 months of age.
Book your annual Skin Checks Clinic Service at your Ashgrove GP now.
Book your Appointment Today
GET IN TOUCH
207 Waterworks Road, Ashgrove 4060
(07) 3366 0588